Little League Baseball/Baseball 11 & 12 yr olds recreation

Question
A batter is in the box, all kids are on the field, pitcher is getting ready to pitch the ball and the kid that should already be on deck-walks across the field between pitcher and catcher.  Is there any ruling on this?  We were always taught to walk behind the ump and the ump always called time so that he is not an interferance of any sorts.

Answer
This one is up to the umpire. If the pitcher was starting his pitch, then the umpire would call no pitch. Also if the umpire hasn't set up behind the catcher and called the start, it is nothing. All players should be on the field and on deck before the umpire calls the start. All that said, it is up to the umpire because there is no set rule in most leagues and circumstances are different every time.

Little League Baseball

Julie Butcher-Fedynich