Living on a Budget, Saving Money/Balance Transfer

Question
I have a balance transfer offer with two options:

3.99% for 9 months, or
5.99% for 12 months.

both have a fee of 3% with a max of $75.00.

I want to transfer $1,200.00 to one of these offers from an account charging 15.24%.

Which is the best offer assuming I will pay off the balance in either the 9 months or the 12 months?

Thanks!

Answer
Well, I pumped these #'s through my amortization schedule program, and here are the #'s:

1) 3.99% for 9 months:

Your monthly payment for the $1,200 amount would be $135.56 , and total interest
  paid for the 9 months would be $20.03 ;

2) 5.99% for 12 months:

Your monthly payment for the $1,200 amount would be $103.27, and total interest
  paid for the 12 months would be $39.29;

Those are the #'s.  You decide whether you want the lower payment/higher interest OR
the higher payment/lower interest.  

Of course, you can pay different, staggered amounts, and then the equation changes.  I
assumed that you would want to pay a fixed amount per month, which might not be what you
want.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Doug  

Living on a Budget, Saving Money

Douglas Hayman