Living on a Budget, Saving Money/Building credit

I have poor credit, no bank account, no credit cards.  I have some money though and was needing to get a car.  I could probably pay enough of the price at one of those "buy here, pay here" car dealers to let them extend some credit to me.  My question is does that build credit?  I don't know if those places report to the credit reporting agencies or do they just keep everything in house.

those cars lots only report if they repocess on you. or if you are late. are u working. are you in college. are you just like I was. high school grad stuck..

I now give u an example of how I started. I got a basic job. I went to a bank with 300 and opened a secured savings acct that they gave me a secured visa card. I ran charges thru it and paid the card in full each month. and finally I was offered a real unsecured card thru them because I paid my bill in full and overpaid it in fact by 5 bucks every statement..

later on my greatest victory in my first five credit years was depositing 5k into a new bank and applying for their visa. they denied me. I called the bank manager and said his competition would give me a 500 buck card unsecured if I moved my acct to them. I said give me a reason why I should stay with your bank. an hour later their  under writer called me and after playing a little more poker and saying hey your choice. issue me an acct or I pull my bank acct. period. ie I went all in. I won and got a 1 k credit card unsecured. I have built my credit by running my bills thru my cards and paying off the cards each month. with a 5 buck overpayment. as of right now 30 years later I own over 10 cards and have unsecured credit of near 100k.

you also want to get a cashback rewards card as soon as you can as 1k a month in bills charged pays u 120 a year cash back. that's Christmas money baby.

this is my story hope it helps

Living on a Budget, Saving Money

I prefer to answer only public questions so all can benefit . there is a donation button.but its not necessary for you to donate to ask me a question. if you want to donate. it will go to my daughters education fund and I thank you. Questions related to credit card management and use of credit to achieve your financial goals I have found on google that my screename has been linked to some garbage financial sites, that I have nothing to do with Please ask me to verify this if you are not sure and let me know who is making any claims so i can sue their asses off this is my website or my blog

i own over 10 credit cards

8 of these have credit limits over 10k and i use 2 of them to invest with

i have the balance as a fixed life of the loan balance transfer

and make 10 points profit on the money

I retired doing this in 1996

and wish to pass on my experience. BE aware I got married in 1998 and started Driving Rig in 2004 so that I could get affordable quality Heath insurance for my family as I now have 2 beautiful daughters 4 and 8 as of aug 2007, so I may take longer to answer som questions. i cover such subjects as, my approach to credit, how to establish and maintain multiple accounts, how i get single digit life of the loan balance transfers, how i use their money for 45 days interest free, how i use credit cards to invest for 30% a year profit, and how i maintain a 650+ credit rating while holding 5 or more accounts. I challege anyone have me compare any answer, that suze orman gives on her tv show, to what i would suggest as i find her answers just plain incompetant, especially when she states that borrowing money from an ira causes you to pay double taxation. Thats just plain wrong

outsourced electrical engineer with a calculus background