Living on a Budget, Saving Money/Changing Over Reward Credit Cards

Hi there,

Over the last three years I have made big strides in my financial managements. Ipadi down all my credit cards, started saving money and have increased my credit score to the high 700s. Not that I feel financial responsible with managing my debit I want to enter the world of reward travel. Currently, I have 2 credit cards that were just given balance increases. One is a cash rewards card with Capital One and the other with Citi had no real perks at all. I have Care Credit card that is no longer used but i don't want to close the account. That being said, I want to get a travel rewards cards to start earning miles but I don't want apply for a new card and risk getting an new inquiry or lower my score. Id rather transfer the balance to a rewards card all and get rid of one of my cards if possible.

How would I go about swapping one reg credit card for the other?

to swap an account you must ask the bank if they will swap it or make you reapply. as for the car credit acct keep it. i was able to loan mines use to a friend who needed 4 k in dental work. i got her 1 year interest free financing and the friend has no more teeth pain issues and can easily  afford 200 to 300 a month. i will make arrangement for any left  the balance. using a balance transfer.

now the bad news, i have found all rewards plans have blackout dates and such headaches that i ignore them. i use a citi double cash back master and a discover it with 5% cash catagories and a chase blueprint, i earn 800-1100 in cash back rewards each year and cash gets u power to negotiate for better air deals. in my opinion.

finally i have over 10 cards so i can negotiate balance transfer deals. i simply tell them either compete and remove fees or you go into the sock drawer and make no money. and if u cut my credit limit i will cut you up and cancel you. i like playing texas holdem too.  

Living on a Budget, Saving Money

I prefer to answer only public questions so all can benefit . there is a donation button.but its not necessary for you to donate to ask me a question. if you want to donate. it will go to my daughters education fund and I thank you. Questions related to credit card management and use of credit to achieve your financial goals I have found on google that my screename has been linked to some garbage financial sites, that I have nothing to do with Please ask me to verify this if you are not sure and let me know who is making any claims so i can sue their asses off this is my website or my blog

i own over 10 credit cards

8 of these have credit limits over 10k and i use 2 of them to invest with

i have the balance as a fixed life of the loan balance transfer

and make 10 points profit on the money

I retired doing this in 1996

and wish to pass on my experience. BE aware I got married in 1998 and started Driving Rig in 2004 so that I could get affordable quality Heath insurance for my family as I now have 2 beautiful daughters 4 and 8 as of aug 2007, so I may take longer to answer som questions. i cover such subjects as, my approach to credit, how to establish and maintain multiple accounts, how i get single digit life of the loan balance transfers, how i use their money for 45 days interest free, how i use credit cards to invest for 30% a year profit, and how i maintain a 650+ credit rating while holding 5 or more accounts. I challege anyone have me compare any answer, that suze orman gives on her tv show, to what i would suggest as i find her answers just plain incompetant, especially when she states that borrowing money from an ira causes you to pay double taxation. Thats just plain wrong

outsourced electrical engineer with a calculus background