Living on a Budget, Saving Money/saving

where is a good place to put savings where one cant easily get to it for a while?i mean i save but then get a little credit card debt and then pay it off in full because i hate being in card debt but then savings keeps going away what would you suggest?

turn your credit card into a cash back rewards card like the citi bank double cash back rewards mastercard. or discover it, let the rewards card be your savings. and by all means do always pay that credit card in full every month. there were years were my emergency fund was a couple empty 5k credit card accounts. heck when they offered me a no fee 0 % balance transfer i would put it into my stock account and wait for a major market drop and then buy ibm leap call options. i usually made 15% on at least 1 purchase. and then i took the cash and paid off the transfer in month 11 of a 12 month transfer and kept my profit.

ibm is 145 a share currently and the 160 strike leap call costs 680 a contract. its next ex dividend day. will be around 6 nov.  and then 6 feb. i am betting 2100 that ibm will be at 150 by either now or feb. when it hits that 2100 will be worth 2400 and i will sell.  read my answers on stock options trading to understand this better.

finally try this trick. put your change in a coffee can. on fri morn count the change and see if it is enough to pay for lunch. if yes put the paper cash  in the can and pay with the change. that should net u 30-40 a month to put in a savings acct.

u can supplement that with a buck a day if u can afford it.

now an old trick. if you go past a fast food joint or a starbucks with a drive thru late at night just park and walk up to the drive thru and look on the ground. you will laugh at how many stupid people have dropped their change . i have picked up a couple buck worth of change at a starbucks in 1 stop.

you see i am 58 and will still bend over to grab that penny and when its 10 pennies its the tax i owe on a 1 buck item so the item is now tax free.

but then i have a thick skin and dont care if someone snickers at me. that is till they see me ride away on my paid in full harley full dress flhtc.

if i have to explain it you would not understand.

Living on a Budget, Saving Money

I prefer to answer only public questions so all can benefit . there is a donation button.but its not necessary for you to donate to ask me a question. if you want to donate. it will go to my daughters education fund and I thank you. Questions related to credit card management and use of credit to achieve your financial goals I have found on google that my screename has been linked to some garbage financial sites, that I have nothing to do with Please ask me to verify this if you are not sure and let me know who is making any claims so i can sue their asses off this is my website or my blog

i own over 10 credit cards

8 of these have credit limits over 10k and i use 2 of them to invest with

i have the balance as a fixed life of the loan balance transfer

and make 10 points profit on the money

I retired doing this in 1996

and wish to pass on my experience. BE aware I got married in 1998 and started Driving Rig in 2004 so that I could get affordable quality Heath insurance for my family as I now have 2 beautiful daughters 4 and 8 as of aug 2007, so I may take longer to answer som questions. i cover such subjects as, my approach to credit, how to establish and maintain multiple accounts, how i get single digit life of the loan balance transfers, how i use their money for 45 days interest free, how i use credit cards to invest for 30% a year profit, and how i maintain a 650+ credit rating while holding 5 or more accounts. I challege anyone have me compare any answer, that suze orman gives on her tv show, to what i would suggest as i find her answers just plain incompetant, especially when she states that borrowing money from an ira causes you to pay double taxation. Thats just plain wrong

outsourced electrical engineer with a calculus background