Living With Disabilities/cerebral palsy


my brother 27year,had cerebral palsy since birth
he can walk but on his toes and with difficulty,he speaks slowly,has hands tremor
his mentality is excellent,he loves computer programs
we are Iraqi refugees,we expect to come to CT,USA in april
is there any treatment options for his case?
how can you help him?
can he study?work?
is there any Humanitarian organizations that can help him?

Hello Mustafa,

Your brother should be able to study and work as long as the appropriate supports are in place for him.

I'm providing this link which should give you all of the information that you need in order to get started:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Living With Disabilities

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jon Eriquezzo, MS


Serving people who have disabilities to live in their community. Also federal and state regulation relate to disability services.


Jon is the vice president of innovation for the Crotched Mountain Foundation. Jon is responsible for ensuring the long-term growth of Crotched Mountain School and building upon its stature as a leader in special education. He also oversees ATECH Services in Concord, NH, with a focus on aligning ATECH's innovative services with the needs of the community.   Prior to assuming this role, Jon was the executive director of Crotched Mountain Residential Services where he provided housing, residential and day supports to nearly 200 children, adults and seniors.   Jon has worked in the disability-related field for 35 years and has provided housing and support services to people with disabilities throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and New York. A graduate of Springfield College, Jon holds a master's degree in Organizational Management and Leadership, a bachelor of science degree in Human Services and a certificate in Community Healthcare Management from Antioch University New England. He is a faculty member of Granite State College and teaches through the New Hampshire Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) training partnership.

New Hampshire Residential Provider Network, Private Provider Network, ANCOR

The New Hampshire Challenge

MS Organizational Management and Leadership and BS in Human Services from Springfield College Community Health Care Management Certificate from Antioch University

©2017 All rights reserved.