Living With Disabilities/Memory

Question

I am not sure if this is a disability, but I feel it is, as I face this quite often and faced a lot of issues and done lot of mistakes having this every day. And I did not know where to ask this question.  I forget things when I am tensed. Sometimes when I am working on something, I know what to do, ,will have it in my mind, but while doing it I make mistakes. I am scared to go to work. The only thing strikes my mind is quitting. Please help me out. I am having this from years . I forget things which I have done hours ago, and which I want to do. I am badly depressed with this. I am feeling very low and nothing.

Answer
Hello Shilpa and thank you for writing,

Obviously I cannot guess why your memory has become so poor for the past few years, but my first guess is that if you are over 40, then you may well be experiencing hormone imbalances.  The two most common causes of women suddenly complaining of a poor memory I am familiar with is (1) Menopause, and (2) having a baby.

I would suggest you go see a good Naturopathic Physician (NP) and have your hormone levels tested; the 24-hour urine collection is the best way to get a true picture of your hormone levels.  You are lucky that you live in India as you should have far easier access to NPs then we do here in North America where Western Medicine tries to rule everything.

Wishing you all the best,
Margot

Living With Disabilities

Margot RN BScN CGN