Living With Disabilities/young adult mild mentally challanged

I have a 23 year old mentally challenged young adult who desperately is in need of socialization with other young mentally challenged adults.  She works one day a week.  We have worked with Community Bridges but just when you have someone who is helpful they leave and we start from square one every time. She is lonely and just wants friends.  We have struggled to find a group that she can socialize with.  She is high function and looking to find others "like" her.  She lives in Weare, NH.  Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Hi Keri,

Staff turnover can be a problem no matter where you go. I'd be happy to discuss options. Given that we are so close geographically, I would suggest that you give me a call.

603-547-3311 ext 1202

I'm in the office most of next week.

Living With Disabilities

Jon Eriquezzo, MS

Assisting people who have disabilities to live in their community.

Jon is the Executive Director of Crotched Mountain Residential Services in Greenfield, NH. He arrived at Crotched Mountain in October, 2001. He has over 30 years experience working in the field of developmental disabilities. He has held similar positions at LifeStream, Inc., in New Bedford, Massachusetts; Developmental Services of Strafford County in Dover; and The Plus Company, Inc., in Nashua. Jon has also served as a mental illness management case worker for the Area Agency in Nashua, NH and worked as a residential coordinator for the Society to Advance the Retarded and Handicapped in Norwalk, CT.

New Hampshire Residential Provider Network, Private Provider Network, National Rehabilitation Association.

MS Organizational Management and Leadership, Springfield College School of Human Services, Community Health Care Management Certificate from Antioch University