Living with Obesity/Any link between obesity and frozen food?

Question

I have been consuming frozen food and ready to use meals since past 1 year. I am perfectly fine till now, no signs of obesity. Then why is it that people say these products make you unhealthy. For your reference, the food products brand is Classic Foods.

Thanx

Answer
Hi Adam,
Great question!  There is a link between the two but it's pretty vague.  There are a lot of frozen foods out there that are really high in fat and sugar and carbohydrates.  I would say that you are probably getting the more healthy frozen meals?  There is a lot overall that lead to obesity and one is getting away from any healthy food at all.  The trend is getting say frozen burritos that are 800 calories or frozen pizza and they can consume over 2,000 calories on that.  A lot of frozen foods are served in large portions and have hardly any nutrients in them and this helps people to think it is ok to consume that many calories.  But there are a lot of people that know how to balance out their frozen foods so it is not so unhealthy.  And it sounds like you must be picking the right kind of frozen foods.  But I will say fresh is always better because you get more nutrition from fresh food.  So if you want to send me a list of the frozen meals you eat then I would happy to look at it and see what is going on.  Good luck!

Living with Obesity

Kristina Crossway