Living with Obesity/Excess body fat

Hi Kristina,

I really hope you can answer my question. First, here are some basic facts about me. I am a 22 year old female, weighing at 200 lbs. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which makes it harder for me to lose weight. But I am now committed to living healthy by dieting and exercising. My concern is excess body fat. Is that a definite factor when I lose weight. I am scared I will have loose skin in the arms and belly area. Can I prevent that from happening? I was under the assumption that it only happens if you lose weight too fast. Thank you.

I believe losing weight more slowly will help with loose skin however everyone is just different.  Some people lose weight and have loose skin and some don't and it is mainly just your body type.  But losing it slowly can help prevent how much loose skin you have.  Being only 22 years old reduces the chances of loose skin as the younger you are the more your skin will shrink back, however I can't tell you it won't happen as like I said some people are just more prone to it than others...genetics.  I wouldn't worry too much about that, I would make sure you are building muscle along with cardio activity for your exercise and focus on getting healthy.  
Good luck!

Living with Obesity

Kristina Crossway

Many men and women struggle with losing weight and I know how that feels personally. Now I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and I've spent many years researching the best way for people to get healthy, lose weight and maintain it. I hold a BS in Sports Management and Iím currently working on my MS in Health and Physical Education. I'm happy to answer questions you might have about obesity, losing weight or living healthy.

Having struggled with weight all my life as well as many health problems such as Lupus and Crohnís disease Iíve researched all my adult life on how to lose weight and keep it off and how to stay healthy when you are sick. I have my own personal training company, KrisCross Training, and Iíve been helping men, women and children get healthy and stay healthy for years. Check out my website,, or my blog

National Academy of Sports Medicine IDEA Health and Fitness Association Sharecare Elite Trainer AllExperts Expert in Strength Training, Womenís Fitness, Aerobics and Living with Obesity Livestrong

BS in Sports Management-Fitness and Nutrition Track-California University of PA MS in Health and Physical Education-North Georgia College and State University NASM Certified Personal Trainer CPR and AED Certified Venice Nutrition Certified Nutrition Coach