Living with Obesity/Want to loose 7 pounds

I am in good shape right now.But i want to loose 7 pounds.I am not in any excercise routine currently but i want to start one as summers are here.Two years back from now when before i concieved my second child i was doing strenght and cardio routine to lose weight and i had good success.What i was doing was 6 days of excercise routine alternating with cardio and strenght so if 1 day i did cardio i was doing strenght next day.I again want to start excercising and i am thinking about doing 30 minutes of interval training and 30 minutes of cardio daily for 5 days in a week but i want to ask which is a better option for the weight loss the one which is alternating strength and cardio for 6 days a week the one that i was doing before or 30 minute interval and 30 minute strength daily ?

ANSWER: Hi Shipra,
A lot of that depends on your age and level of fitness.  You can do 30 minutes of interval and 30 minutes of strength per day as long as you say do upper body one day and lower body the next for the strength training to give your muscles a break.  Start slowly at first maybe 10-20 minutes each at first so you don't overwhelm yourself.  Progress as you get more comfortable.  
Good luck!

QUESTION: thanks for your quick response.
i am 31 years old,, and i am absolutely fit and i can push my body to high extent in order to lose weight and i have done this in past as well.
I am actually confused with the part that which excercise plan will give me more results,, alternate days of strength and cardio or 30 min of strength and 30 minute of cardio each day.

Hi, I'm sorry for the confusion.  As long as you are getting the same amount of workout in the week, either is fine but you would probably do more with the 30 min of strength and 30 min of cardio per day vs trying to do an hour of cardio one day and then an hour of strength the next. It is really what you prefer or would enjoy more.  Hope that helps!

Living with Obesity

Kristina Crossway

Many men and women struggle with losing weight and I know how that feels personally. Now I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and I've spent many years researching the best way for people to get healthy, lose weight and maintain it. I hold a BS in Sports Management and Iím currently working on my MS in Health and Physical Education. I'm happy to answer questions you might have about obesity, losing weight or living healthy.

Having struggled with weight all my life as well as many health problems such as Lupus and Crohnís disease Iíve researched all my adult life on how to lose weight and keep it off and how to stay healthy when you are sick. I have my own personal training company, KrisCross Training, and Iíve been helping men, women and children get healthy and stay healthy for years. Check out my website,, or my blog

National Academy of Sports Medicine IDEA Health and Fitness Association Sharecare Elite Trainer AllExperts Expert in Strength Training, Womenís Fitness, Aerobics and Living with Obesity Livestrong

BS in Sports Management-Fitness and Nutrition Track-California University of PA MS in Health and Physical Education-North Georgia College and State University NASM Certified Personal Trainer CPR and AED Certified Venice Nutrition Certified Nutrition Coach