Living with Obesity/I'm morbidly obese, can I get in shape fast for manual labor?

Question
I'm 26 years old, 6'2, 340 lbs. I need to get a day job to help support sick family members. I currently work in a call centre. I'm strong and tough, I carry my weight well.

Can I get in shape fast enough to do hard labor during the day part time, or have I already ruined my joints? I'm currently on a greens and protein powder diet.

I'm not asking to get out of this, I just don't want to get sick, or kill myself, and become a burden myself.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Roger,
You would first need to have a complete medical exam so the doctor can give you an idea of your joint conditions and then I would suggest working with a certified personal trainer that can work with your doctor to make sure you lose the weight in a sufficient amount of time.  Also with a proper diet you can lose a lot of weight to help as well.  I suggest joining sharecare.com and the program can give you an idea of a safe range of calories that can help you lose weight without eating to little calories. Foods that are low in calories but high in nutrients are the best such as green, leafy vegetable, lean protein, and some fruits.
Good luck!

Living with Obesity

Kristina Crossway