Living with Obesity/Losing 80+ lbs

Question
Hello. I'm 20 years old and weight around 251 pounds. I'm pretty poor so healthy foods are hard to buy. I really would like to get down to 170. How can I start losing large amounts of weight? Have any plans that might work for me?

Answer
Hi Anna,
Congratulations on wanting to lose weight.  I'm not sure what you mean by losing large amounts of weight but 80 pounds takes about ten months if on a proper diet and exercise plan.  First you need to check with your doctor to make sure you are cleared for normal diet and exercise plans.  Then your doctor may be able to give you some recommendations.  Try joining a website like myfitnesspal.com and it can give you an idea of how many calories you should consume and how much exercise you need to lose the weight you want.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Living with Obesity

Kristina Crossway