Locksmithing/Removing Schlage double cylinder deadbolt

jkatebin wrote at 2008-09-27 23:09:36
I got mine out with a circular spark plug spacer (can get it at autoparts store for 99 cents, circular disc with really thin edge that gets bigger as you go around the disc).  The little edge fit in, then I just rolled around the pin spinning the spark plug disc progressivly bigger and bigger.  After a few seconds the pin pops off.

Also, I noticed on one of my locks that the pin is actually threaded.  If there's NO HOPE of popping it out, try pushing against it hard and rotating it counter clockwise just like you would do if it were a screw.  If yours has the same threads mine did then everytime you turn it it will come out a little further...

PLockman wrote at 2014-08-07 15:30:41
The "pins" on my Schlage dead bolt lock, were actually the bolts that hold the two sides of the lock together. They easily came out by using an electric drill with a small nail in the chuck head end out placed against them,and running the drill counter-clockwise.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)