Locksmithing/Meilink wall safe Hercules SG-175

ABINGDON LOCKSMITH wrote at 2010-09-24 17:01:19
DO NOT LISTEN TO THE LAST IDIOT LUBRICANT DOES NOT EFFECT THE OPPERATION OF THE SAFE... IF THE SAFE WAS HAVEING PROBLEMS BEFORE THEN LUBRICANT WILL NOT MAKE IT WORSE... CALL A LOCKSMITH AND HE WILL DRILL AND SCOPE THE WHEEL PACK....

andy wrote at 2010-10-12 21:40:18
This is one of the reasons that I don't recommend anyone using locksmiths to work on safes - this "screamer" obviously doesn't understand how a safe lock works (or doesn't work) when to much lubricant is present.  He also acvocates sending a regular locksmith out to work on the safe.  In General most locksmiths have little to no training with safes and WILL cause more damage than is necessary.  We routinely have to replace safes, every single week that genuises like this "Abingdon Locksmith" work on, after they destroy them.

While all safemen are locksmiths, very few locksmiths are actually safemen.

safe-guy wrote at 2012-05-22 00:54:04
I would call FKI and tell them the problem. Ask them if they would come and check their work. The problem might be the technician removed the change key at the wrong time when he was servicing your safe.(It has happen to me) This safe should not have a problem like this after a tech has performed service. He should have checked this safe for a problem like this when he was on site. I am a former FKI technician and this type of problem can happen when the change key is not used properly. If you have not tried to repair this safe yourself and the only person to work on this safe was the tech then he (FKI Tech.)very well was the one to cause this problem. You must contact FKI A.S.A.P. and have it checked. No matter how long it has been sence the repairs, call FKI and let them know there was a problem with the safe after the they serviced the safe. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Paul wrote at 2015-01-01 15:07:02
I'm no expert, but I had the same problem with a big Meilink upright safe.  It had been working for years and the I could not open it after numerous attempts.  As you mention it seemed like the tumblers were not engaging.  I will mention the safe is in my workshop and the temp has been at about 40 degrees.

I use as small 2 lbs hammer and tapped around the dial hoping to "free" whatever was not working.

I then notices more tension on the dial as I rotated to the correct numbers and I got it open.

Try it, you can't loose.

Paul

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)