Locksmithing/Sears Tower Safe with Yale Lock

ALOA & SAVTA locksmith wrote at 2012-09-07 23:01:22
On the contrary, almost ANY LEGITIMATE PROFESSIONAL LOCKSMITH will be qualified to open your safe. As a professional locksmith and locksmith business owner, I recommend you go to the "Associated Locksmiths of America" website   or to the "Safe and Vault Technician's Association" website   where you will find a link for "Locksmith Search" or "Safe Tech Search" where you can find a qualified locksmith to open or service safes in your area.

The Associated Locksmiths of America Inc. (ALOA) is an international professional organization of highly qualified security professionals engaged in consulting, sales, installation and maintenance of locks, keys, safes, premises security, access controls, alarms, and other security related endeavors.

SAVTA is the Safe & Vault Technicians Association - The worlds leading trade association devoted entirely to serving professional safe and vault technicians worldwide. SAVTA is a separate part of ALOA whose membership consists of mainly locksmiths whose goal is to gain further expertise in safe service and opening.

You will find that the majority of safe techs listed on the SAVTA site are in fact LOCKSMITHS.

I would ask your local locksmith if he is a member of ALOA or SAVTA and if your state requires locksmiths to be licensed, ask them for their state license number and verify that it's a valid number. There are MANY unethical individuals who pose as "locksmiths". A valid state license number or ALOA / SAVTA membership is a good indicator of a genuine professional.

pacho wrote at 2012-11-25 03:44:46
Andy's suggestion worked perfectly for me when I opened the safe with a known combination of only the first 3 numbers and starting in the opposite direction (L-R-L) then R until stop.

Thank You

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)