Locksmithing/Sears Tower Safe with Yale Lock

ALOA & SAVTA locksmith wrote at 2012-09-07 23:01:22
On the contrary, almost ANY LEGITIMATE PROFESSIONAL LOCKSMITH will be qualified to open your safe. As a professional locksmith and locksmith business owner, I recommend you go to the "Associated Locksmiths of America" website www.aloa.org   or to the "Safe and Vault Technician's Association" website   www.savta.org   where you will find a link for "Locksmith Search" or "Safe Tech Search" where you can find a qualified locksmith to open or service safes in your area.

The Associated Locksmiths of America Inc. (ALOA) is an international professional organization of highly qualified security professionals engaged in consulting, sales, installation and maintenance of locks, keys, safes, premises security, access controls, alarms, and other security related endeavors.

SAVTA is the Safe & Vault Technicians Association - The worlds leading trade association devoted entirely to serving professional safe and vault technicians worldwide. SAVTA is a separate part of ALOA whose membership consists of mainly locksmiths whose goal is to gain further expertise in safe service and opening.

You will find that the majority of safe techs listed on the SAVTA site are in fact LOCKSMITHS.

I would ask your local locksmith if he is a member of ALOA or SAVTA and if your state requires locksmiths to be licensed, ask them for their state license number and verify that it's a valid number. There are MANY unethical individuals who pose as "locksmiths". A valid state license number or ALOA / SAVTA membership is a good indicator of a genuine professional.

pacho wrote at 2012-11-25 03:44:46
Andy's suggestion worked perfectly for me when I opened the safe with a known combination of only the first 3 numbers and starting in the opposite direction (L-R-L) then R until stop.

Thank You

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)