Locksmithing/old victor safe combination

Phill wrote at 2012-06-02 21:46:54
I purchased a VICTOR SAFE & LOCK CO with "highest award - grand prize St. Loius, 1904" written on it this morning at a yard sale. Not knowing the combo, I found this web page, created an Excel spreadsheetwith the first sequence and on about the 20th try, ding ding ding it worked!!! There wasn't any treasure inside but the excitement was worth every penny I paid for the safe. Thanks for the info.

Shawn wrote at 2013-06-11 12:27:29
I just had to open a safe like this.  The person had three out of four of the numbers but didn't have all the sequences correct.  What you stated with the 4,3,2,1 was really helpful.  Once I did that with the numbers I had, the last one was easy to hit.

Mike wrote at 2015-01-12 03:22:13
I have a Victor safe with the #172186 on the dial. The series below opens my combination.

1. First number plus 77 will be the second number.

2. First number plus 19 will be the third number.

3. First number plus 60 will be the driver gateway.

One thing I noticed, the openings in the inner wheels that the lever falls into, which corresponds to each number, is as wide as three digits. I believe if you skip every second combination you would still cover all the possibilities necessary to open it.

Mike

Dr. Mark N. wrote at 2015-02-09 04:11:09
The second sequence worked for me tonight.  It was a life saver.  I had not opened the safe in several years (I had always left it ajar) and I had misplaced the combination.  Thanks,  Mark

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)