Locksmithing/old victor safe combination

Phill wrote at 2012-06-02 21:46:54
I purchased a VICTOR SAFE & LOCK CO with "highest award - grand prize St. Loius, 1904" written on it this morning at a yard sale. Not knowing the combo, I found this web page, created an Excel spreadsheetwith the first sequence and on about the 20th try, ding ding ding it worked!!! There wasn't any treasure inside but the excitement was worth every penny I paid for the safe. Thanks for the info.

Shawn wrote at 2013-06-11 12:27:29
I just had to open a safe like this.  The person had three out of four of the numbers but didn't have all the sequences correct.  What you stated with the 4,3,2,1 was really helpful.  Once I did that with the numbers I had, the last one was easy to hit.

Mike wrote at 2015-01-12 03:22:13
I have a Victor safe with the #172186 on the dial. The series below opens my combination.

1. First number plus 77 will be the second number.

2. First number plus 19 will be the third number.

3. First number plus 60 will be the driver gateway.

One thing I noticed, the openings in the inner wheels that the lever falls into, which corresponds to each number, is as wide as three digits. I believe if you skip every second combination you would still cover all the possibilities necessary to open it.

Dr. Mark N. wrote at 2015-02-09 04:11:09
The second sequence worked for me tonight.  It was a life saver.  I had not opened the safe in several years (I had always left it ajar) and I had misplaced the combination.  Thanks,  Mark

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)