Locksmithing/Cole Steel Cabinet w/Safe

Richard wrote at 2012-10-27 15:31:49
You can open that safe without a proffesional. I'm asssuming it's the cole steel file cabinet with storage and safe on the right side, The combination lock on that safe is pretty cheaply manufactured so it has alighnment points that can be felt when turned. This may sound like movies but, I have the same safe and I did it . So spin it to the left about three rotations then you will move it still in same directions slow and you will feel the lock lign up or stick, very slight- then spin to right until it clicks again paying attention to the number " write these clicks down as you go" Ok when it clicks turn one rotation to the same position- then slowly the oppisite direction this one is very slight-Stop then turn back slowly and it will open. If not take screww driver pry it open and you can see the allignment points from rear of lock and just align and write down numbers

Heather wrote at 2015-03-25 01:30:30
I have the same model and I have to say I'm kinda glad it was made so crappy because the thing was a gift I wouldn't have been able to open it otherwise. Figured out the combination in the same fashion and after replacing the lock on the outer door and fireproofing it, it serves all my filing and storage needs.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)