Locksmithing/french door inner hardware removal

i have peachtree french doors that no longer turn the deadbolt and door handle i have started to remove all the hardware but am unable to remove the rods that are holding the hardware is there a way to remove the rods from top or bottom i have been able to get needle nose pliars on the end of something but unable to remove

Hello Steve,

Thanks for writing. With most Peachtree french doors, it will be necessary to take the door off the hinges and lay it flat in order to remove all of the hardware. There is a hole on top to allow you to remove the rods, latches and lock body. Depending on the age of the door, it may or may not be under warranty. If it is, then have a Peachtree tech come out and save yourself the headache. Below is the Peachtree website allowing you to contact them directly.

Thanks for writing.

Aaron J. Neil CRL, CJS

I can answer questions related to general locksmithing, lock repair, lock replacement, electronic access control, safe operation, safes service and safe repair. I can also answer your questions about security upgrades and I have access to a vast library of locksmith information that I can research to make sure I am answering your question to the best of my ability.

I have been involved in the Locksmith Industry since 2002. I have owned my own Locksmith Service company since 2010. Prior to this I was employed at a large locksmith company where I was able to increase my knowledge of locks, doors, safes and access systems.

Associated Locksmith of America Central New York Locksmith Association Greater Oswego Fulton Chamber of Commerce Greater Oneida Chamber of Commerce

Graduated Professional Locksmith Program in 2002. I graduated the Advanced Locksmith Program in 2003. I attended numerous classes available to members through the Associated Locksmiths of America and the Safe and Vault Technicians Association. In 2009 I earned by CRL (Certified Registered Locksmith) certificate from ALOA.