Locksmithing/mult t locks

I have the multlock entry key system in my home.  The dead bolt as well as the handle lock.  No one has every had access to my key.  I wear it around my neck, so it can not be lifted from me, so that I know is out.  What is so strange is that the handle lock can easily be opened with a credit card. When locked the nose piece is still moveable.  I ask the Loc Doc out of Longview to explain why that is placed that way and can be opened with a credit card.  His answer was giving me a credit card block made of medal.  Regardless of what I try, whom ever continues to pick or bump or however, get in.  Other than buying an electric door knob I am at a loss.  No damage is ever noted and this is usually on a daily basis....Do they even make such as an electric shocking door knob?  I know that it is not legal but neither is theft.  Can you give me any advice?

Hello Brenda,

Regardless of the type of lock you have, if it's not installed correctly a credit card can shim it open.

You have a deadbolt so if it's locked a card can't be used to gain entry, that's the point of a deadbolt, in addition to providing more security against kick-ins.

Check the latch on the regular lock. If the dead latch is going into the strike plate, it shouldn't so adjust it until it rests on the face of the strike.  The dead latch is the smaller of the 2 latches.  Both of those pieces should retract if you just push on them, that's so when you shut the door you don't have to turn the knob to completely shut the door.

It's unlikely someone is picking or bumping their way in on a regular basis.  Most thieves don't go back to the scene.

An electic lock won't solve your issues.  You may want a latch guard, although it sounds like a locksmith already gave you one.

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.