Locksmithing/Old eastern research and engineering safe

I found an old eastern research and engineering company wall safe in my closet.  I remember seeing this safe a long time ago and have the combinations written down (we found them hidden in a closet on the other side of the room).  I'm not sure if the combination are right but they are 20 95 40   The center number on the dial is 1623 have no clue on how to open it. Thanks Ryan

If it is a round door safe, it should have 3 wheels.

So you would dial it 3 times left to 20, 2 times right to 95, and then left to 40.

It should have 2 spring loaded bolts that retract automatically when you go to the last number.

It also might be Right Left Right.

So try it both ways.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, Ohio

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies