Locksmithing/Which Safe?

Dear Andy,
I bought a Liberty Eagle 25 safe about 12 years ago and have been very happy with it. I find I have the need for a larger safe and again looked at Liberty (the Lincoln 50), but thought I would ask what other similar safes I should look at. I happily found you by accident and really learned a lot about safes/locks in general. I am in the SF Bay Area.
p.s. Thanks for your long, continued service Andy.

My recommendation would be to stop by and check out some safes.   We have around 300 safes in the show room and another 1000 in the warehouse.

As you are already familiar with (or should be), the basic construction of gun safes, you can compare apples to apples, similar safes.   I'm sure when you see some of the safes that we have, that are NOT gun safes, you will see that in most cases, other than a really nice interior and glossy paint job - most gun safes are on the bottom of the ladder as far as construction and protection.

We are more than happy to spend some time with you to educate you about what is available, then it is up to you to decide what you actually need, or want.

Unlike most of the shops simply selling "gun" safes, or single purpose safes - we are more like Burger King - you CAN have it your way.    You just have to figure out what your way is, and how much you want to spend.   We sell you anything you like from around $300 up to $20K.

You can check out our web site at:   www.securitysafeusa.com  and/or come by the showroom at 1753 Addison Way, Hayward, CA.  94544  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)