Locksmithing/Spare Key

Question
We have a Saga International SAFE-D-POSIT. We have the combination and a key. Everything works O.K. What we would like is a spare key to give to our Daughter, as she is the Trustee for our estate. My wife tried to have a key make at a local locksmith who said he could not do this. He stated we must contact Saga for this.
I have gone online and can't find any contact information for Saga.
I have the Key with the key number, the serial number of the safe. How can I get a spare Key?

Answer
Jim

Saga safes were imported from China during the 60's and 70's.   The importing company is no longer in business.   The following info is the contact info for Saga Safes, however they don't have info on safes over 10 years old, which would include yours.

SAGA ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD.
ADDRESS: Ningbo Hi-Tech Park,Zhejiang Province,China 315040
FAX:+86-574-87909600 Tel:+86-574-87909608
Email:sales@in-roomsafe.com   sales@electronic-safe.com
Alternative Email: yangyahui@vip.sina.cosm

Your alternate would be to have the key duplicated from yours by a local locksmith or safe company.   The key blanks that they need are probably going to be either ILCO  V61A, SY4 or SY8.

If you can't find a locksmith shop that can duplicate the key, then you may have to send it to me to see what I can do to help you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)