I have a victor safe that is locked with a whole in the bottom about 6" x 6". The door is locked. How much would it cost to obtain a combination for the safe? I assume you can go in through the bottom to figure out the combination. Thanks

You would have to discuss "labor costs" with a local safe company to determine how much it will cost to open the safe and recover the combination.   While I can tell you what I would charge, I'm not in PA, and the safe isn't in California.   So, I'm a little unsure why you are asking a question like this on line, rather than actually contacting a local safe company?

ASSUMING that you and the safe WERE in California, and you brought the safe into my shop, I would probably charge you a minimum 1 hour fee, to open it and recover the combination.   Any repairs to the safe would be extra.   My current hourly fee is $125 per hour.
If you can't bring it in to the shop, I would charge an additional $105 mobile service.

Repairs to the floor and insulation would probably be in the 3 hour range, but at this time, I don't know how much damage has been done to the interior wooden cabinetry, which could add significantly to the repair costs.

I would recommend that you contact a LOCAL safe company to discuss having your safe opened and/or repaired.   Make sure you let them know what you have, and that it has a 6"x6" hole in the bottom of the safe already.

Note:   I never recommend using locksmiths for safe work, as they generally don't have the training, knowledge or tools to work on safes without causing excessive damage.   I normally don't recommend DIY projects on safes for the same reason, however, you should be able to reach inside to remove the rear cover of the door to manually align the wheel pack and open the safe.   Generally Safe Techs  will have fiber optic scopes which will let them clearly see what is going on, to open the safe in a minimum amount of time.

If you don't have a local safe company to discuss the service with, let me know where you (and the safe) are located (zipcode), and I'll see who I know in your area.

Sorry that I can't give you an "exact" amount, but I don't try to fix prices.   Every shops overhead will be unique, and their pricing structure will be based on their business situation and location.

Hope this helps,

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)