Locksmithing/winchester safe

Question
i bought a Winchester safe from a storage bay owner the safe was left behind from a tenant they have taken the key pad off and cut the wires i have the key pad and the door is open in locked position is there a way to find out the combination and hook up the wires so i can use this safe

Answer
Kim,

If the safe is locked open then changing to a new lock would be a MUCH, MUCH better idea.

Generally, most electronic locks can NOT be recovered if the combination is lost.  There are a few models that can be, but I would have to know WHAT lock you have.   Also you NEVER want to use repaired electronic items, especially on a safe.   Unlike most items, if they fail you simply replace them - with a safe, you NOW also have to open the safe.   The cost of having to open and repair the safe when the electronics fail FAR out weigh any cost savings you might realize by using old, repaired parts.

Cost of a new LaGard LG BASIC II, lock and key pad is about $165 plus any tax and/or shipping costs.   You can probably switch out the locks yourself.   If not you would need to have a local safe company install it.

Cost to try to recover the code of the lock you have (if it is possible), shipping fees to me and return plus min 1 hour labor ($125)

Overall cheaper to get a new lock and be done with it.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)