Locksmithing/deadbolt

Question
Changing out a couple deadbolts at my home.  Two went perfectly, the third one though is giving me problems with the long screws that secures it.  As I tighten one screw in it seems to come to an end before all the way through, then, as I tighten the other one deeper it starts to back the first one out.  In the end I can get the lock tight and flush on both side, but have a slight bit of the one screw sticking out still on the inside.  Didnt have this issue with either of the first two.  It is a kwikset key on both sides type.

Answer
Jason,

Thanks for writing. If I understand your questions correctly it sounds as if the one screw has mangled the threads in the cylinder and won't allow it to go in all the way. This is pretty common. To see if this has happened, take the screw all the way out and look at the end. If the threads are mangled, the end of the screw will be all scraped up and mangeled as well. Usually a new screw or patience in putting that screw all the way in will do the trick. Let me know how this turns out or if you have other questions, please feel free to write.

Thanks again for writing.

Locksmithing

Aaron J. Neil CRL, CJS