Locksmithing/Yale lock on old safe

Question
safe
safe  
My grandfather passed and we are trying to open his old safe with a Yale lock.  I do not know the safe age or manufacturer.  I do know the combination, but have not yet been able to open it.  

What do I do to start the opening.  Do I have to do a combination of left and right before resting on "0" and then beginning?  I think this is a 4 times, 3 times, etc situation, but I'm not sure if I start by going left or right.  Most importantly, on the left/right 4 times, 3 times, etc, do I go 3 complete revolutions and then stop on the next number when I approach it, or do I stop on the next number the third time I get to it.

Attached is a picture, though I'm not sure how helpful it will be.  At this point, I'm seeing what assistance I can find before trying to move this heavy thing to find out the manufacturer/age.

Answer
Derek,

Your safe appears to be 1940ish.   There were a couple of manufacturers that used hinges similar to this.

The standard dialing sequence for most Yale locks (OC5 series) that I would expect to find on this safe, would be:

4 times Right to the first number,
3 times Left to the second number,
2 times Right to the third number,
1 time Left until the dial stops (around 10).

Note:  Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.  DO NOT count the revolutions of the dial, count the INDIVIDUAL number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.   For instance if your first number is 50, you will turn the dial clockwise (right), stopping the fourth time the number 50 ARRIVES at the index mark.
There is NO STARTING POINT, simply start dialing right and count 50 once, 50 twice, 50 three times, stopping on 50 the fourth time.

Hopefully this helps you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)