Locksmithing/Cannon Electronic Safe

I have a Cannon American Eagle Series 48 gun safe.  I am locked out.

I have entered the correct numbers on the key pad,  I changed the battery, I've done everything I'm supposed to do.  I have read what you have advised in the past and am fairly certain the locking mechanism has failed.  My zip code is 77546.  Can you recommend a trusty locksmith who won't destroy my safe trying to get into it?

you havn't mentioned whether you attempted to change the combination also or not.

Problems with the lock can include battery problems, key pad problems, connecting wire problems and lock problems.   If the door is not closed fully or if the bolt work is not fully extended for any reason, it can bind up the lock bolt, failing to retract correctly.   So you may or may not actually have a failed lock.

As far as "trusty" locksmiths - I never recommend locksmiths for safe work as they generally do not have the training, knowledge or tools to correctly diagnose lock problems or work on safes.   I recommend that you have a safe technician from a local safe company check your safe out.

Fortunately for you, you have a very qualified safe tech fairly close to you.   You can contact them at:

K&S Security Products          about 5 miles away.
281-481-8680      Ken Foo
9811 Sagemark Drive
Houston, Texas   77089

Hopefully Ken will be able to help you out.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)