Locksmithing/Diebold Safe

Question
Front
Front  

Inside
Inside  
Hi Andy. My father-in-law has asked me to sell his Diabold Inc safe that he hasn't used in 15 years. I have no clue what to ask for it. The combination needs replacing, and the drawers inside need to be unlocked and rekeyed. Can you tell me if the attached safe is worth the repair it would cost to fix? Can i sell as is? Or is it  junk?

Dimensions:
21.5 in wide
24.25 in deep
58 in high

Thanks in advance for any info!
Katie

Answer
Katie,

You can probably remove the drawers to have keys made for the locks.   If the drawers are anchored to the safe walls, then you might have to have a safe tech visit you to open the locks.   With a mobile service, and the locks for the drawers, you are probably looking at around $200-$250.

Value of the safe with everything working and serviced would be as follows:

Fire resistance:     $400 to $600
Burglary resistance: $0     This is NOT a burglary resistive safe.
Resale:          $400-$600     Should not be used for overnight storeage of cash, jewelry or valuable documents.   Storage of every day business documents, which are necessary, but easily replaceable.
Antique/collectible: $0   Neither antique or collectible

While this safe does meet current standards for basic fire resistance it has no burglary resistance, and should not be used for storage of computer media or film.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)