Locksmithing/lock problem

Question
Jim, I have a Sentinel Mod#gcw-8 with a key that will not open the box. It appears the key opening is out of alignment where the groves do not align . One grove is 6oclock and the other is around 7:30 oclock. I have tried  to align them so the key will go in however to no avail. I did open the box and placed a few articles inside and then locked it. I have been trying to open the thing ever since The key is the one that came with the box and worked when I first used it. The box was bought second hand.
I hope this is enough info to give me a answer, probably one I dont want to hear . Thanks Dave

Answer
Dave,

These containers are NOT safes, it is simply a steel box with locks, basically to keep kids and raccoon's out of your stuff.   These are cheaply made containers using equally cheap locks.

Without examining the locks to find out what the actual problem is, the best I can recommend is that you need to have a local locksmith check it out.

This leaves you with two options, you can either pay the locksmith, probably more money to work on the container than it is worth, and he will probably wind up drilling the locks out and replacing them,   Or you can drill the locks out yourself, and then get some new ones to install.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned this probably isn't the answer that you wanted to hear.   I wish the news was better.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)