Locksmithing/major safe lower bolts won't release

Question
WE have a major safe that was moved.  We have the combination and the top safe opens as it did.  Since they move the lower safe dial makes al the right sounds and all the right feel except it will not open.  Feels as if the bolts will not  disengage entirely.. Doors are closed  What your suggestion.  they moved it on steel bars into another corner.

Answer
Bree,

If the lock doesn't unlock, then the bolt work will not retract.

As you have indicated the safe was recently moved, the dial may have been "wacked" or "bumped" at some point.   This can change your combination up to 5 numbers either way, depending on how ard it was bumped.

Try adding and subtracting from each number up to +/- 5 numbers to see if it will open.   if it does, then DON'T close it back up, until you have had it serviced and aligned correctly.   If you can't get it to unlock, then you WILL need to have a safe tech from a local safe company (not a locksmith) check it out.

If the lock DOES unlock and the dial stops at the correct point, and/if the bolt work will still NOT retract to open the door, then you will need to have a safe technician open and repair the safe.

While the problem could have been caused by an inadvertant "bump" during the move, it could just as easily have been a coincidence, due to lack of maintenance, that simply showed up at this inopportune time.

contact a local safe company to schedule service with their safe technician.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)