Locksmithing/Mosler safe combo change

Question
A Mosler safe cat# 2016CL class T-20 spec F1-D is available for little or nothing. It is an old safe but is still works ok and the owner has the combination and it works. If I acquire the safe, how do I change the combination?

Answer
William,

First off, I NEVER recommend this type of work as a DIY project for the same reason that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work.   Lack of training, knowledge and tools can easily result in an expensive lockout.

Combo changing on the safe WILL depend on what lock is installed.   Hand change locks require disassembly and reassembly.   Key change versions require special tools.

While I'm more than happy to provide you with the tools and/or instructions, I have a hold harmless form which you will have to sign.

If you don't know what lock you have installed, then I'll need photos to ascertain what you have.

Send the pics and/or request to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

Andy

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)