Locksmithing/York 4 Draw Class D File Cabinet

Question
Hello -

I have an old York Underwriters Labratories File Class D / 928357.   The Cabinet inself has one lock.  Once unlocked, each cabinet has a "flip hinge" on the outside to open the drawer.
Drawer 3's hinge broke off and now I'm unable to retrieve any of the documents inside.
If I'm able to get the file door open, where can I go to get a drawer handle replacement?   Do I need to replace all handles?  A specifice type of handle?  Would I need to replace the lock too?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My Best -
Donna

Answer
Donna,

The York Safe & Lock Company has been out of business since 1959.   Parts are NOT available.   In order to replace the broken or damaged one, replacement parts would have to be fabricated.

Depending on the lock installed, a replacment "MAY" be available, but I would have to see the lock (have it in hand) to see what I could find.

If you can't get drawer three open, you may need to have a locksmith or safe technician from a local safe company, to open it for you.

Sorry, not the answer I know you were looking for.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)