Locksmithing/Lagard 3000 Safe

I made the mistake of changing the batteries in the keypad with the door closed.  Then when I put in the 6-digit code to unlock it, I heard the double beep, but the door would not open.

Instructions say to change the code with the door open, but the door is closed.  Okay, so I went ahead and put in the 6 zeros and the old code (which isn't working) and then tried to change it by entering a new code twice.  It didn't work.  It will beep twice when I put in the code, but it still will not open.

Is it just because the safe is closed?

Most safe locks don't know if the safe is open or closed. The safe lock was made by Lagard. Do you know who made the safe?

You may have a bad digit on the keypad.

Try changing the combination to a single digit.

old code

The lock will go into penalty mode after a few wrong tries.

Is the little red LED blinking every 10 seconds or so?

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, OH

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies