Locksmithing/Mosler 2 drawer and 5 drawer GSA Safe

Question
I have a 2 drawer and 5 drawer Mosler safe that I need to move.  In order to do this I want to remove the drawers to make it easier to handle.  How do I do this?  I have beentold not to disassembel the tracks because the ball bearing fall out and then I will have a major problem.  Thanks in advance.  on safe has hade the combination lock removed (2drawer) and the 5 drawer is locked open.

Thanks in advance

Answer
Bill,

You are correct, DO NOT disassemble the tracks or slides.   Replacement slides are no longer available.   But that doesn't mean that you can't remove the drawer FROM the slides.   You will need to look carefully at the drawer to see how it is attached to the slides.    Usually there are 2 or 3 screws on each side.   The screws may not be apparent, and you may have to slide the drawer in and out, observing carefully to see them through small access holes.

When the screws have been released, the drawers will lift off of the slides.    Reinstall them in the reverse order of disassembly.

Once the drawers are out, the tracks or slides can be removed individually as a unit.   They have clips which attach them to the container.   Lift up on the front, and slightly inward, and then pull the rear clips forward.   reassemble in reverse order.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)