Locksmithing/Allied-Gary Safe - What It's Worth

Question
Our non-profit has an old safe, Allied-Gary Model # CT2923/X, Serial # 54901C/03-89 which we'd like to sell. I was told to find the tag on the inside of the door to see if it is a TL-15 or TL-30 but I cannot find one. There are 4-6 shelves adjustable inside and an open finger-hole in the door. The safe is old and needs touchup paint. Can you tell me generally, 1) what is its approximate worth and 2) should we touchup the paint?

Thanks!
Elaine

Answer
Elaine,

Your safe is not an antique, so touching up the paint causes no problems.

As far as the value of the safe, obviously without seeing it I have no idea of what its current condition is or what is value might be.

From the safes serial number, the "03-89" is the manufacturing date, or March of 1989, so the safe would be would be going on about 34 years old.   while it does meet current standards for basic burglary resistance, that would be about it.

If you would like to send photos of the safe for me to look at, I would be happy to look at it for you.   Send photos of the container to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)