Locksmithing/saga international safe-d-posit safe

Question
Wife had safe when she had her business. Is a key and dial. Have key but no combo. Can the combo be traced with the serial number? The safe was made in Comptom, Ca. but I think they are out of business.

Answer
Michael,

The safe was NOT made in Compton, Ca, it was made in China and IMPORTED by the company in Compton, CA.    As the importer has not been in business for at least 20 years now, trying to find records are going to be slim to none.

You can try contacting the manufacturer, but generally they only keep records for the last 10 years or so.   They may do a record search if you have the serial number, but I'm not making any guarantees.   You can contact them at:

SAGA ELECTRONIC CO.,LTD.
ADDRESS: Ningbo Hi-Tech Park,Zhejiang Province,China 315040
FAX:+86-574-87909600 Tel:+86-574-87909608
Email:sales@in-roomsafe.com   sales@electronic-safe.com
Alternative Email: yangyahui@vip.sina.com
Contact Person:Nick Yang

Other options include testing all of the possible combinations or having a safe technician from a local safe company open it for you.    Problem is cost - it could cost you more than a similar new (imported) safe might cost.    If you don't have any valuables inside the safe, I would recommend saving your money and buying a new safe.

Sorry the options aren't better.    If you don't have a local safe company that you can contact, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know in your area, that I might recommend.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)