Locksmithing/saga international safe-d-posit safe

Wife had safe when she had her business. Is a key and dial. Have key but no combo. Can the combo be traced with the serial number? The safe was made in Comptom, Ca. but I think they are out of business.

The safe was NOT made in Compton, Ca, it was made in China and IMPORTED by the company in Compton, CA.    As the importer has not been in business for at least 20 years now, trying to find records are going to be slim to none.

You can try contacting the manufacturer, but generally they only keep records for the last 10 years or so.   They may do a record search if you have the serial number, but I'm not making any guarantees.   You can contact them at:

ADDRESS: Ningbo Hi-Tech Park,Zhejiang Province,China 315040
FAX:+86-574-87909600 Tel:+86-574-87909608
Alternative Email:
Contact Person:Nick Yang

Other options include testing all of the possible combinations or having a safe technician from a local safe company open it for you.    Problem is cost - it could cost you more than a similar new (imported) safe might cost.    If you don't have any valuables inside the safe, I would recommend saving your money and buying a new safe.

Sorry the options aren't better.    If you don't have a local safe company that you can contact, let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I know in your area, that I might recommend.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)