Locksmithing/York safe

Question
Hi there,
I recently acquired 3 real nice York 4 drawer filing cabinet safes. GREAT shape, no rust, drawers open easy.. all around great condition.
I cannot find one for sale on Ebay or much info period as to the value of these! I am selling them for my landlord and want to catch a fare price but i am stumped. Any info would be great.
I have a company profile about York so i know some points to look for as far as aging them.

Answer
Ashley,

Your "filing" cabinet is probably from the 1940's or 50's.   The York label was gone by 1959.   These items have little to no value.   They are not collectible, and are not antique (over 100 years old).   They are considered "old office equipment".

Even if the container was a fire resistive filing cabinet, it would NOT meet any current standard for this any longer.

As far as value here is the best that I can give you:
Fire Resistance:     $0     Does not meet any current standard
Burglary:          $0     This is NOT a burglary resistive container.
Resale:          $0     Has no commercial or retail value.   Should not be used for storage of cash, jewelry or any valuable documents.
Antique/collectible: $0     is neither antique or collectible.

Sorry the news isn't better.    If you are interested in selling them throw out a price and see if you get any nibbles.   If you don't then obviously it is simply too high.   Reduce the price significantly and try again.

Regardless of what shape you believe them to be in, there is simply no real market for items like this, which is why you don't find items like this on Ebay!    

Sorry, hope the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend is better.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)