Locksmithing/York safe

Hi there,
I recently acquired 3 real nice York 4 drawer filing cabinet safes. GREAT shape, no rust, drawers open easy.. all around great condition.
I cannot find one for sale on Ebay or much info period as to the value of these! I am selling them for my landlord and want to catch a fare price but i am stumped. Any info would be great.
I have a company profile about York so i know some points to look for as far as aging them.

Your "filing" cabinet is probably from the 1940's or 50's.   The York label was gone by 1959.   These items have little to no value.   They are not collectible, and are not antique (over 100 years old).   They are considered "old office equipment".

Even if the container was a fire resistive filing cabinet, it would NOT meet any current standard for this any longer.

As far as value here is the best that I can give you:
Fire Resistance:     $0     Does not meet any current standard
Burglary:          $0     This is NOT a burglary resistive container.
Resale:          $0     Has no commercial or retail value.   Should not be used for storage of cash, jewelry or any valuable documents.
Antique/collectible: $0     is neither antique or collectible.

Sorry the news isn't better.    If you are interested in selling them throw out a price and see if you get any nibbles.   If you don't then obviously it is simply too high.   Reduce the price significantly and try again.

Regardless of what shape you believe them to be in, there is simply no real market for items like this, which is why you don't find items like this on Ebay!    

Sorry, hope the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend is better.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)