Locksmithing/Eagle Safe Corp safes in foundation

Question
QUESTION: I bought a home in Houston, TX and we found two safes built into the foundation. They both say "Eagle Safe Corporation San Marcos, CA" with a serial number. One is open and the bolts won't retract enough to close the door fully. The other is shut and won't open. Is there any way to get the combinations or reset them so we can use them?

I can email you pictures if you tell me where to send them.

ANSWER: Ted,

I won't need you to email me photos of these safes - I know what you have.   However you have issues that WILL need to have someone from a local safe company address.   Sorry but this is a hands on problem and solution!!!

Manufacturers NEVER publish or release serial numbers or combination lists for obvious security and liability reasons, and after they go out of business any records that they have (or had) are gone and lost for ever.

So, bottom line you will need a safe tech.    

Item 1.   the safe that is open.   The safe tech will need to check it out to find out why it isn't operating correctly, or the bolt work retracting.   It may simply be locked open.
I would recommend that the combination for this container be recovered as it may be the same combination for both safes.

Item 2.   the second safe (locked up/unknown combo)   will need to be opened and repaired so that it is also operational.   this assumes that the combo for the first safe doesn't work on this one.

Once both safes are operational, the combinations for both locks can be reset to numbers of your choosing.

Sorry, I wish there was a better answer, but this is a hands on project.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are (zipcode), and I'll see who I know in your area.

QUESTION: Thanks for the answer.  Can you recommend a locksmith near zip 77018?

Answer
Ted,

First off, I never recommend using locksmiths for safe work, generally they do not have the education, training or tools to work on safes without causing excessive damage and/or charging exhorbant fees.

I would recommend that you give the following company a call, they should be able to assist you.

K & S Security Products,
281-481-8680          Ken Foo
9811 Sagemark Drive
Houston, Texas  77089

Discuss the project with them so that you understand what you are being charged for, the amount of time required, and the end result.   With the exception of repair or replacement parts, they should be able to give you a fairly exact idea of the cost - with NO hidden fees.   Parts are difficult to anticipate until you have actually worked on the equipment and know what problems need addressing.

If you have any questions concerning charges or proposed work, I would be happy to address them.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)