Locksmithing/An open Cary safe with no combination.

Question
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this.
My neighbor has a Cary safe in her basement. It is open but there is no combination to be found. The inside is in very good condition. I tried the the factory test combo's but could not get them to work.
My question is: Is it possible to figure the combination by taking the small round cover off the inside of the door myself?

Answer
Josh,

I need to figure out two things in order to help you - first I need to have the serial number to get an idea of when the safe was made, which will give me an idea of what lock is installed.   Then I can possibly give you some ideas of how to recover the combo that is set on the lock.

As long as the safe is open it is recoverable.   If the safe is locked shut, you will need a safe technician.

The safe serial number should be stamped into the ball of the handle.   The lock serial number may be stamped onto the wheel curb (round circular disc on the back of the door).

Get me these two serial numbers and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)