Locksmithing/can not open safe

The  combination is factory and I can not find my manual my safe has a key board and not a turning combination I need to have help or a new manual I have never entered my own combination can you help me?

The code sequence WILL depend on the lock that you have (manufacturer).   For instance if you have a:

Sargent & Greenleaf (SG), the sequence should be:     1-2-3-4-5-6-#      Turn handle to open

AMSEC - ESL locks, the sequence should be:     C-1-2-3-4-5-6-#       Turn handle to open

LaGard locks, the sequence should be:      1-2-3-4-5-6       Turn handle to open

Kaba Auditcon series,    You would need to turn the dial back and forth to power it up, then do your code:     1-2-3-4-5-6     Then turn the dial to the right to retract the lock bolt, unless it is their slide bolt,   then turn the handle to open the safe.

If you don't know what you have, then you have a couple options, you can either contact the safe manufacturer with the serial number of your safe, to figure out what you have, or you can send photos of the safe and key pad to me, so that I can try to figure out what you actually have.

Once we have ID'd the lock then we should be able to provide you with the instructions (or manual) for your lock or at least for the lock series.

Hope this helps, if not then send me the requested photos to:     andy@securitysafeusa.com  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)