Locksmithing/Saf D Posit Saga Safes

Question
Do you have any idea if asbestos was used in the production of these fireproof safes made in Taiwan? I was recently exposed to the powder/dust inside one of these safes along with 6 other people one of them being pregnant because 3 of them thought it would be fun to rip open a safe left in my buddies house they bought. I'm a very worry some person and this is driving me insane.

I won't be able to get this powder/dust tested. Just would like some information. Possible links would be much appreciated. Thanks You

Answer
No asbestos was never used in these containers.   The material was simply a "Plaster of Paris" or gypsum type of insulation.    Also these were made in China not Taiwan (I know slight difference).

If you are really worried about the exposure to the insulation material, you can have it tested at a local HAZMAT facility or you can obtain a "Home test kit" from most Lowes, Home Depots, CVS Pharmacies, etc.   Or by going to:   http://www.prolabinc.com/asbestos-test-kits.asp

You will still have to send your sample in to the lab for testing, and there is a fee, but it will make you feel easier about possible exposure.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)