Locksmithing/Steelmaster file cabinet

Question
Steelmaster cabinet
Steelmaster cabinet  

Combo
Combo  
I too have a steelmaster file cabinet and is in excellent condition as you can see. I also have the combination. It was on a sticker inside the cabinet. My question is there is no handle to turn after you dial the numbers. How does it work?

Answer
Bobby,

The combination lock also operates any locking bolts or bars.   simply dial the combination, when the dial comes to a full and complete stop the door should pull open.

The dialing sequence as written is:

3 times left to the first number, 15
2 times right to the second number, 30
1 time left until the dial stops, open door.

Note:  left is counter clockwise, right is clockwise.   DO NOT count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the red arrow.

For instance you would turn counter clockwise (left), stopping the third time the number 15 arrives at the arrow.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)