Locksmithing/Age of Diebold vault door

Question
vault door
vault door  

vault door
vault door  
I am conducting an insurance review for a client who owns a Diebold vault door, Serial # N9708. I need to know the age of this vault door. I have contacted Diebold directly in the USA and Canada and have had no success.
The information I obtained when inspecting the vault door was as follows: Label identifying  " Ahern Safe Co."
         Mfger is  Diebold, Serial # N9708
         Size : 32' x 80" H
         10- Bolt Locking Device

Answer
Gilles,

If you have the serial and you have contacted Diebold, and they can't give you the year that one of their doors was made, I'm not why you would think that I would be able to?????   I have no access to their records, and manufacturers NEVER published records of serial numbers or other information regarding vault doors or safes for obvious security and liability reasons.   Unfortunately, unless you are buying $100,000 worth of equipment from Diebold, they really aren't much help.

What I can do is to make some observations concerning the door.   First we will start with the "Ahern Safe Company":

AHERN SAFE COMPANY, LTD.   (1880 early 1920s ),  Montreal, Canada
  Company began around 1880 by Arthur Ahern, who immigrated to Montreal from Ireland when he was 23 years old.   Died April 30th, 1928 at 86 years old.
  This company was only a distributor and not a manufacturer.  I've seen their name on safes from a number of different manufacturers including JJ Taylor, Goldie & McCullough, and the Syracuse Safe Company to name a few.

As far as the door, you haven't given me any real worth while information to go on and the photos are basically vague shots of the door.   Information which would have helped would be close ups of all main items of the safe, locks, time lock, any labels or stamped numbers, etc.

Based on the photos that you have provided, and the information I have on the Ahern Safe Company, this door is probably 1920's era, possibly late "teens" (1915-1925).

As this vault door probably does not have any UL labels pertaining to testing of any kind, if I were to evaluate it as a bank vault door, and/or used by any one requiring any type of FDIC insurance, it would NOT meet any standards.   If the owner does NOT need a UL rated door, then I would evaluate the door based on what they are protecting, based on a risk analysis.

Sorry I can't be of more help, under the circumstances.   If you have any "specific" questions concerning the door, I would be happy to answer them.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)