Locksmithing/Anchoring safe to wood floor

Question
Hi.  I live in a condo and have recently purchased a light duty (B-rated) safe that I have anchored to the floor in one of my closets.  Unfortunately I have plywood floors and very little options for anchoring locations w/no access to underfloor.  I anchored it using lag bolts and believe one of the four went into a stud but the other three were obviously only going through plywood.  My question is, would I be better using toggle bolts for those three anchors?  The largest I have been able to find at local hardware store is 3/8" and the wing part of the bolt doesn't look particularly strong so I'm not sure if they would be stronger than the lag bolts I already used.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Answer
Go to McMaster.com  It's the site for McMaster Carr.

They have 1/2" toggle bolts. Look at the internally threaded ones.

Should be the second one down when you choose 1/2" as the bolt size.

They should do what you want.

They are stronger than the plywood you are putting them in.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, OH

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno