Locksmithing/Dominion Safe

Question
we have a Dominion Safe. Locked with no combination.
we would like to restore & use it. can it be opened without dammaging the classic safe.

Answer
Mike,

I'm not sure what "the classic safe" means???

Dominion Safe & Vault Company, Niagra Falls, Ontario was basically in business from around 1916 until around 1975.   It was operated for a period of time by the Canadian Fairbanks Morse Company during the early years.   This company was NOT a manufacturer of safes, they were simply a distributor or sales agent for various safe companies.

So first step would be to try to ID what you actually have - unfortunately we might not be able to until it is actually opened.
Second step would be to have it opened.   You basically have two options, you can try dialing all of the 1,000,000 to possibly 100,000,000 combinations, or you can have a safe technician from a local safe company open it for you.

NOTE:  I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work as they generally don't have the training, knowledge or tools and can cause excessive damage or charge exhorbant fees.

If it is opened correctly by a professional safe tech there will be no damage and the safe can be repaired or restored based on what your end result requests are.

If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located and I'll see who I know in your area.   Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of contacts in the Ontario provence other than ones along the US border.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)