Locksmithing/falcon w series lock

Question
I have a lady in a salon that is asking me to change her lockset. It is a falcon lockset and I tried turning the key 90 and using the release but it doesn't work.  The key she has is a blank... ??  It is not cut at all but works to unlock the handle.  Please help me figure this out.

Answer
Hello Bob,

Those are standard commercial locks so using the operating key, turning it left or right 1/4 turn then depressing the retainer, should allow you to remove the knob or lever.

If this isn't working, the retainer is blocked by something abnormal so you will have to remove the lock by force.  There's not an easy way so it's not something I can explain, you'll just have to drill it until it comes off.

James

Locksmithing

James