Locksmithing/hardwear

Question
i built a room at home and i need the hardwere for a vault door includeing locking devise,if i had drawings i could fab myself

Answer
Bill,

I'm sure you will be able to fab the necessary material.   Unfortunately, manufacturers never publish documents or information concerning how they build their safes or vault doors for obvious security and liability reasons, so drawings are going to be slim to none.

As far as the "hardware" for your door, while I'm sure that some items will be available, the majority of the items will have to be custom fabricated for YOUR door.

As far as WHAT hardware you are looking for, you will have to be more specific about what you are looking for.

Parts that are available would include:

Handles & Spindles (L shape to 5 spoke)        $60 to $250
Locks:
Mechanical locks, dials & rings     standard   $150 to $300
         Vault      $650 to $1000
Electronic Locks (depends on features):        $165 to $2000

Hinges:       Fabricated for application
Bolt work:    Fabricated for application
Handle cam:   Fabricated for application
Guides:       Fabricated for application
Pivots:       Fabricated for application
screws & fasteners:    Order depending on application

Relocking devices, lock attachment and triggering devices:
         $100 to $500

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

Sorry, I can't be more help than this.   I recommend that you find some old safes or doors to look at that have a similar application, and copy or mimic what they have done, other than that you are own.   Remember that necessity is the mother of inventions.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)