Locksmithing/Help Identifying Safe

Question
Safe
Safe  
QUESTION: Hi,

I bought this safe at an estate sale but it did not come with an owners manual. I need help identifying the manufacturer in order to search for the manual.  Attached is a photo.

Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: Lawrence,

Unfortunately, litterally tens of thousands of cheap imports like this come into this country from Asia all the time.   The same type safe can be marketed under a number of different logo's.   Most of these type safes are available through the box stores, Kmarts, Walmarts, etc. etc.   And are never seen by anyone in the actual safe industry until they don't work.

These safes are brought in from Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, Thailand, the Phillipines, etc.   Some of the companies are owned by the same manufacturer, just under different names.

These cheap containers were usually used for temporary storage in hotel rooms or similar places, and are NOT designed for overnight storage of cash, jewelry or valuable documents.

Bottom line you probably are not going to be able to ID the manufacturer and even if you do, you probably aren't going to find a manual.   This container appears to be 1990's electronics, most of the companies are WAY past this type of key pad, now.   This is kind of like buying an 8088 type computer, and trying to find a manual for it, or trying to make it compatible to Windows 8.

I'm not sure why you would "buy" a safe like this at an estate sale, if it doesn't have any identification, owners manual, and you didn't mention wether or not you got the code with it.   If it is locked up, it is going to cost you a lot more than its worth, to have it opened, and chances are, whom ever opens it is not going to offer any repairs, service or manuals either.

As you didn't mention wether it is locked up or not, I'm going to assume that you are looking for a manual because it is, and you don't have a code.   Hopefully it isn't bolted down to the wall.    I do have a couple good safe techs and/or safe companies in the Washington area that I can recommend, that can try to help you, but, as mentioned - probably the most you are going to get, is they will open it, and that's it.

Sorry, for the bad news.

Sorry, but I'm going to need more information to try to help you

QUESTION: I have the code and am using it at the moment.  Thanks for your quick response.

Answer
Lawrence,

Great that helps,

Send me a better photo of the key pad, and anything on the inside of the door.   I'll see if I can't come up with something for you.

Send the close ups to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

Any labels, lettering, etc. etc. etc.

I'll try to help you with this.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)