Locksmithing/Mosler safe lock

Question
I'm need to change the combination on a mechanical Mosler Safe Mod: CL 6 M&P with a BP 800 on the back plate of the lock. When I remove the two screws in the back the plate won't come-off; if there is a way to change the combination?

Answer
You have to extend the combination lock bolt to take the back cover off of the lock.

DO ALL THIS WITH THE DOOR OPEN!

DO NOT CLOSE AND LOCK THE SAFE UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED THE COMBINATION AT LEAST THREE TIMES WITH THE DOOR OPEN.

So with the door open and the handle turned to the locked position, turn the dial to the left to extend the combination lock bolt.

Then the back cover will come off.

More than likely you have a Mosler 302 lock.

If you feel it click at 90 and 10 then you have a Mosler MR 302.

Post a pic and I can positively ID it.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, OH

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno